Monday 21 December 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness


HELLO STUNNERS!!! 

I've said in the past that one day I would start my blog post without an apology about lateness. Definitely not going to happen today, my last post was in July and this post is 5 days late for December Gifted Gorgeousness SAL. FAIL!!! 

Sorry sorry sorry for the total AWOL from blogworld. No excuses really but I will blame facebook. Joining (well technically being added) to new groups has led me to overindulge in SABLE and be so spoilt by my amazing and too generous Crafty brothers and sisters, as it has led to way too many new starts and new start SAL's. Something had to give and blogging paid the price eeek.

So I have decreed that in 2016 I'm going to be returning to my roots and also the place I met most of my stitching friends and that is blogging. I've missed reading blogs and keeping up with everyone that way. FB is very instantaneous, yes, but it also is just a quick pow of updates and it's a little hard to keep up with everyone. 

Whereas blogging feels more like a long journey and adventure with friends. So I will be spending more time here than on fb type of social media. 

So let's get to it stunners.

Firstly is the update for my sisters gift. Mystic Stitch - October Rose Zircon by Maxine Gadd. Not much progress I'm afraid but I've changed my way of stitching this. 

If anyone has stitched a MS you will know the pain of their symbols. They are so so so hard to read and the confetti is incredible. I've decided to do it using cross country page by page. I think it's faster for this particular project, and the only way that I can do it without going insane. So unfortunately I've had to abandon my beloved parking technique. 




Notice the beautiful Tardis Qsnap cover and fabric keepers. They were a gift from my lovely friend Kim Howe. Aren't they amazeballs?  The fabric keepers are the best they just keep all that excess fabric outta the way.  



Here is the second one Kim gifted me. I love love love them both but this is my favourite one. Look how regal King Tut looks amongst all the Tardii (is that the plural of Tardis LOL). Thank you so much Kim, I'm truly grateful.


And now for more Gifted Gorgeousness - my Christmas package from the McDougall family. Head McDougall being Sharine. I'll have to post another pic with the Qsnaps in action they look amazing and the horsey one doesn't really show up. And check out the Magical Unicorn that grows in water. I'll have to post a pic when that magic happens too!!! 

And thank you to the littlest McDougall, Hannah for choosing the butt crack Santa card. That kid cracks me up...oooh pun there. Thank you so much Sharine and the McDougall clan you guys are rock stars. 





Now to a bit of stitching. I almost got to the end of page 2 of Carnival Moon. Why is it that the last 1000 stitches always seem to take the longest. Or is that just me? 






The next page is the building and the tower bit. And there are big chunks of colour so hopefully it won't take too long. But once I finish page 2 I'm going to be concentrating on my 2 gift projects.

Ewa's wedding anniversary project which was due in October (hangs head in massive massive shame) and my cousin's baby sampler which I haven't touched since I first started it. See below...head still in shame hang mode. 


So this


Has to become this

I'm determined to make 2016 a year of finishes. As I never managed ONE not even a tiny finish in 2015. It's been a year of new starts, re-starts and total abandonment. Not a good year for the Crafty Princess. I may even have to abdicate the title!!
Nah.


I have plans for a rotation that will help ensure this, but I think I've rambled on enough for one post. Check you later and now I'm off to reaquaint myself with all of your blogs. Sorry if you get comments on blogs that are months old but I want to see all that I've missed. 


To all that celebrate Christmas. I wish you a very very Merry one and may it be magical, special and full of laughter and love. I hope you all had a fantastic 2015 but I wish you an even better 2016.  See you next year stunners. Love you heaps and muchly.

Gotta go Santa is calling me! 



xoxoxo Princess Alicia

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the world of blogging. I agree with you that blogging is a long journey. Great progress on Carnival Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, great to see you blogging. Love seeing your projects again. Lots of fantastic gifts. Look forward to seeing morecrafty goodness in 2016. Have an amazing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Santa's calling me too. Helloooo Santa! Your stitching is gorgeous like always. It looks like doing cross country is going faster for you. I hope to see you blogging again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you blogging again:)
    Your projects are all beautiful, and I'm looking forward to seeing more progress next year.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I do love Carnival Moon. Its definitely one that I'm going to get to sooner or later. I love how yours is stitching up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh hello Santa!!! :)
    Nice to read your blog again.
    Plenty of beautiful progress.
    I think the sampler will be a doodle for you. You really have to finish it in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have full faith that you can make 2016 the year of finishes! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Santa!
    Nice to have you back Alicia and look forward to following your progress in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for choosing GG for your Grand Return to Blogging!
    Parking might be easier for you but cross country makes for more interesting photos!
    Looking forward to seeing lots of progress on the baby sampler and the gorgeously coloured Carnival.
    ps where did you find the photo of my hubby?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay good to see you reclaiming your throne princess. I just bought my first mystic stitch pattern and eek the symbols...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Princes Alicia
    Love your looooooong post so much again :)
    Love the carnival such a stunning colours.
    Also have a few mystic stitches in my stash but shamely never started one
    After i finish one more wip i will start one, because otherwise i dont know what i am missing out :)
    Is a mystic stitch allso so detailed as a haed ?
    Well bye for now, Santa is calling
    Look forward to see those finishes in 2016 :)
    Have a lovely christmas and new year

    ReplyDelete
  12. I somehow totally missed this post (my feed reader is a bit off these days) O.o I just came here to see if you were still alive and because I dearly missed your updates on your projects ;-) So I am quite happy to read that you plan on returning to blogland in 2016 :D
    Facebook is so easy to handle, you can post your pic in a moment and there is so much to look at. But I often catch myself just skipping through the pictures and hitting the "like"button and then scrolling on. I suppose I would not write such a long comment under a picture on facebook, nor would I write such a long text when posting O.o When I blog I always include things happening in my life and my thoughts about my projects and so on. That's why I love blogging and reading other peoples blog entries ;-)

    I really love your work on October Rose Zircon, it's so lovely and I hope stitching cross country will help you to deal with the symbols better =)
    Carnival Moon looks incredible, the colors and the detail are breathtaking!
    I know what you mean about 2015 being a year of starts rather than finishes. I started way to many big projects and had just one small finish as well. So to change that I bought a couple of Mill Hill Kits, they are nice and small and I am confident to have a few finishes for 2016 (no, that's not cheating, just intelligent stash management :D) and to make up for the fact that they are so small (and it would surely drive me off my course if I finished things to often) I started a supersize :D

    I hope you enjoyed a wonderful stitchy stashy Christmas and made a good start for 2016 and I hope to read from you soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post Alicia! I haven't seen any stitching updates on FB so thought I'd check your blog and here you are! I'm hoping to dust off my blog this year and get back to a bit of a slower pace. I enjoy the FB groups for inspiration but we do miss the deeper connections made in the Land of Blog! Happy New Year and here is a toast to 2016 being full of F words, or at least one. If I can finish one thing I will call 2016 a success!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Stunner! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I hope it made sense as I can rave on lunatic style when left unchecked. Any comment is appreciated and thank you for taking the time and brightening my day! xoxo