Saturday 24 February 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL and IHSW February

Hi Stunners!


Yep I'm late again. 

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their amazing comments and cheering on my last post. You guys are the best and absolutely become my muses. Mwah. 

I wanted to reply to each of you individually, which I will, but my computer was struck by lightning! Luckily it was 4am and I wasn't using it at the time not that I would have during an electrical storm. My whole street lost alot of electrical equipment, so for a week all we saw were delivery vans delivering new TV's. Woo Hoo!!


GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS

First up I managed to finish another page on my diamond painting - Galaxy Girl from HAED. This was a gift from my lovely stitchy friend Helvi. So only 3 more pages to go for the row finish. So sparkly I love it. Thanks to Jo from Serendipitous Stitching for organising this SAL. 








IHSW

I'm so loving that IHSW has returned to the realm. Thanks to Joysze and Jo for organising this brilliant SAL. IHSW February I worked on a new start but it was technically a re-start of Rose Zircon. I bought this chart by Maxine Gadd from Mystic Stitch to stitch for my sister. However, I was really really detesting the Mystic chart. It was so hard to read and the symbols were frustrating, which led to it being neglected.

Luckily Maxine decided to open her own cross stitch company Imaginarium and she updated the chart so it's more detailed and with a bizzillion more colours, however the best thing about it, is the chart. It's large print and the symbols are really cool. The symbol key is colour coded so you'll find alot of the similar colours in one section, so there is not alot of page flipping. Love it! Here's the difference in the charts.

Mystic Stitch
Image result for rose zircon imaginarium
Imaginarium


This is where I left the Mystic Chart so I'm looking forward to get to that section to compare.

Mystic Stitch



And this is what I stitched for IHSW, the bottom row of 10x10 grids. Unfortunately the bobbinating took longer than expected so this is more just a Sunday stitch of 600 stitches. I've decided to start in the middle as I am not doing the black background beyond the silver frame. And considering leaving the word "Rose Zircon" off the wip altogether, so I didn't want to have to figure out all the calculating and measuring, I just wanted to START!! 



The needleminders are symbolic too. David Bowie was the first concert I had ever been to and it was with my sister. We have seen Episode IV V VI of Star Wars together and it continues to be our favourite out of all of them so far. As for the Angel Wings, well I have to have some bling and I thought they fitted the colour scheme.

That's all stunners.

I hope everyone is enjoying February so far and may March be even more magical.

Thanks for visiting, you guys are too cool.

xoxo Alicia


9 comments:

  1. Both looking good Alicia.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great. WOW! What a difference on that chart. I will certainly be checking out Imaginarium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad you were not at your computer when lightning hit. I know you have been getting bad storms, my brother lives that way. What a difference in the charts. Love your Wips and glad your back in the blog world again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, struck by lightning! This is why I run around like a crazy and unplug stuff (mostly computers and TV/gaming things) for thunderstorms. My husband thought the breakers would protect things until we lost a window AC. He believes me now. :b

    That newly updated chart looks amazing! Large print is always helpful lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in GG this month despite the fried computer! How scary was that?
    Love the new version of this design. It's such a beautiful picture and I am pleased that the chart is so much better too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW the designer's chart looks beautiful! I can't wait to see your stitch comparison. Great progress on your diamond painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference between those two charts! Great to hear that the chart is easier to read too.
    I think the Galaxy Girl is turning out to be perfect for diamond painting, it's such a blingy design anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work. Love your new piece. It's amazing the difference in the two. The diamond painting is too cool. I would love to try one but I don't need another hobby haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh naughty Princess, why did you have to say that Maxine opened up her own charting company so I had to go there and take a look? She has a lot of gorgeous designs and I feel a great itch to get some (when she was still with Haed her designs didn't call to me that much, but my taste has changed over time and I already found myself regretting that I didn't buy any charts ;-) )
    Anyway, I will forgive you for enabling me (again :D ) ;-)
    I think you made the right choice to restart, it's no use if working with the chart is a pain and I think the charts looks way better now =)
    Great work on Galaxy Girl, too. She is just meant to be a sparkling DP =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Stunner! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I hope it made sense as I can rave on lunatic style when left unchecked. Any comment is appreciated and thank you for taking the time and brightening my day! xoxo